Located by the river Tagus, in the western area of Lisbon, the National Coach Museum occupies the premises formerly belonging to the Oficinas Gerais do Exército (old General Military Workshops).
The Royal Riding School, which used to belong to the Royal Palace of Belém, currently the official residence of the President of the Republic, can still be visited as an exhibition nucleus of the National Coach Museum.
COVID -19 | RULES FOR A SAFE VISIT AT THE MUSEUM:
• Wear a face mask (surgical or community);
• Measure body temperature at the entrance to the Museum;
• Disinfect your hands with alcohol-based solution at the entrance to the Museum;
• Follow the instructions provided by the staff;
• Follow the maximum capacities of each space/venue;
• Keep a 2-meter (6 feet) distance from other visitors, except for members of the same household;
• Avoid gathering in groups;
• Avoid touching surfaces;
• Use the stairs whenever possible;
• Payment by card is advised.